How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WCLawyer Your Own Question
WCLawyer, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 15603
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
WCLawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I have a son from my first marriage, he is 15 years old.

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have a son from my first marriage, he is 15 years old. I got married a month ago and my son would like to change his surname to my married surname. If he gets consent from his biological father, would changing his surname have any impact on whether this biological father is still liable to pay maintenance?
Good day.

It won't. Only if your new husband adopts your son as his own will his biological father no longer have to pay maintenance.

It really is as simple an answer as that.

I am not sure what else I can advise you on, but if you have follow up questions before you rate, feel free to ask them at no extra cost. If you are satisfied with the service, kindly rate it positively. I do not get anything unless you rate the service.
WCLawyer and other South Africa Law Specialists are ready to help you