How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JJ Your Own Question
JJ, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 4502
Experience:  Admitted Attorney 17 years experience
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
JJ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a builder legally change the locks on my property when

This answer was rated:

Can a builder legally change the locks on my property when he has been paid more than 80% and the stand is registered in my name, where there is a cost dispute?


Welcome to Just Answer!! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you.

Is the property registered into your name?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes the property is.
Hi Kylee

The cannot do this and you have the right to lodge a spoliation application against him for denying you access. A lawyer will need to assist with this and will have to lodge such an application on your behalf. He will then also have to pay the costs of this

Your merits are 100%in your favour and suggest you take the appropriate legal action.
JJ and other South Africa Law Specialists are ready to help you