WCLawyer
WCLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
32244620

can I sew my previous company for saying stuff that can prevent

can I sew my previous company for saying stuff that can prevent me getting employment?
Good day.

You can sue him for defamation of character, yes. If you can prove that, as a result of his comments, you are not getting work, that will have an effect on the amount that you would be able to claim from him.

His only defense available would be to say that:

1. He did not say what you claimed he said, or;

2. He did say it, but it was the truth and it was in the interest of the prospective employer to know the truth.

I am not exactly sure what else I can advise you on, but if you have any further questions, feel free to ask them before you rate. It will not cost you anything extra. If you are satisfied with the answer, kindly click on one of the five faces on the ratings page. I don't get anything for this answer unless you do.