How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WCLawyer Your Own Question
WCLawyer, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 15603
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
WCLawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, i would like some advice about my legal rights o take action

This answer was rated:

Hi, i would like some advice about my legal rights o take action against a man who manipulates married women - or in this case my wife into an online (whatsapp) relationship for 7 Months.. the method of manipulation appears quite apparent and there was information exchanged that was used to in a nice way threaten her if it does not go further i will tell your husband.. the relationship did consume quite a substantial amount of time from the marriage and did lead to personal exchanges of which none was physical.. we have a 4 year old son as well. in the time since i found out about this affair i started asking questions and doing some investigation.. i have all photo exchanges between the two, i do not have the chats.. but 2 other women has come forward claiming the same happened to them and was done by the same guy, the one lady even overlapped with my wife;s case.. so there is proof this guy is a serial whatever and i want to take legal action against this man. one lady even had this guy's activity be assessed by a Psychiatrist and the say he has a Narcissistic personality.

I would appreciate any legal advice i could get, i am based in South Africa so it has to comply with South Africa law as the perpetrator is also a South African Citizen.
Good day.

This is an info request to assist you better. Please continue on this thread.

In other words, he is blackmailing them in order for them to have a sexual or physical relationship with him?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

In one case it nearly lead to Physical interaction, but in our case would rather say to feed a pornographic addiction, but with a tendency to try and damage the marriages as well.

My Wife do feel like if it had continued it would have led to physical interaction which he did try to initiate numerous times but she successfully worked her way around that, but it never lead there in our case..




In other words "send me nude images of yourself or I will tell your husband that you are having an affair with me". That kind of thing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, and it lead to that, my wife did send nude pics, and he did send awful videos and pics of himself, unprovoked, this is a constant in all of the cases..


the only catch is not in so many words, in one case he had a chat with me directly on FB appearing to talk "business" with me, at the same stage he sent a video of himself and some disgusting pictures and insisted the favor be returned.. and subtly mentioned i am busy talking to your husband on FB...


At this stage i am considering divorcing my wife as i believe she betrayed me by being manipulable by this guy and not tell me earlier herself so i could stop this..

But i do not want other women to be done in by him and he needs to pay what he did to my family.. i am furious..


Well, from the information that you have provided here, I can find a number of offences in terms of the Sexual Offences Act and you can take this to the police.

Blackmailing in itself is a crime. The fact that he forced your wife to degrade herself sexually, that would constitute a crime. The fact that he send pornographic material of himself without being asked, that is sexual assault. All of those things can be reported to the SAPD and since this whole campaign of violence against women and children is still fresh in their minds, they will probably proceed to investigate and prosecute.

As for civil steps, you would only be able to cite him if you do actually get divorced and there is no guarantees that you will succeed, unfortunately. So, my advice to you is to start with the police.

I hope this helps you a little bit, but if you have any further questions, feel free to ask them before you rate. It will not cost you anything extra. If you are satisfied with the answer, kindly click on one of the five faces on the ratings page. I don't get anything for this answer unless you do.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Would the Above laws apply to the fact this all happened on Whatsapp and not in person, there where phone calls as well but the main thing happened on Whatsapp.


In your opinion, would this be worth it for my wife to go to the SAPS and would if proven really lead to a person being punished in accordance with the law..


it is going to be a humiliating experience for my wife.. so want to be sure it is worth the effort..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
No problem with the answers, he just went offline and i did not get an answer on my last question..
The above laws apply regardless of what type of vehicle he used to complete the assault.

I suggest that you contact this unit personally and maybe not go through your local Police Station. I cannot, however, guarantee that they will do their job and assist, although I have no reason to believe that they will not do their job.
WCLawyer and other South Africa Law Specialists are ready to help you