How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Shaie Zindel Your Own Question
Shaie Zindel
Shaie Zindel, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 1248
Experience:  All areas of commercial and contract Law - specialist in property advice.
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Shaie Zindel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What forms do I need to dissolve a testamentary trust All

This answer was rated:

What forms do I need to dissolve a testamentary trust
All funds have been distributed to the beneficiaries


Hi There - Can I just clarify - is the Estate wound up and do you have a release from the Master?




In General you would need the following:

An original Resolution signed by all the trustees in which they resolve to deregister the trust which states the ground on which the trust is being deregistered, example

1. Fulfilment of the object of the trust

2. Failure of the beneficiary, eg by death

3. Renunciation/Repudiation by the beneficiary

4. Destruction of the trust property

5. By the operation of a resolutive condition;

6. The resolution must also confirm that the beneficiaries have received the

Benefit in terms of the trust deed.


2. An original NIL financial bank statement; and


  1. Return of the original Letters of Authority.


And most importantly a release from the Master of the High Court.


I hope this helps - please remember to rate my answer.



Shaie Zindel and other South Africa Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The trust was formed as instructed in the will BUT all funds were transferred to the surviving spouse before the deceased's death leaving only a small amount for the trust. Three payments were made to the income beneficiary (surviving spouse who also died in the mean time).

The rest of the funds were distributed to the children (capital beneficiaries) after the surviving spouse's death.

A recon was drawn up. The banking account has been closed.

Must a tax return be handed in and financials drawn up for 12 transactions? Can the trust be dissolved?

Hi my feeling is you wont need financials - maybe just draw the account yourself and submit to the Master for a directive. You may need a SARS clearance but the Master will likely give directions.
Shaie Zindel and other South Africa Law Specialists are ready to help you