How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barend B. Your Own Question
Barend B.
Barend B., Legal Consultant
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 1356
Experience:  BLC LLB (Pret) LLM (Augsburg)
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Barend B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am married on a special licence as specified in the Chapter

Customer Question

I am married on a special licence as specified in the Chapter 37 of the Marriage act of Zimbabwe - I would like to convert this to the ANC of South African Marriage act.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Barend B. replied 5 years ago.
Good afternoon,

To change your marriage dispensation after you have married, you will need to apply to the High Court and you must give notice to your creditors and prove to the court no one will be prejudiced by the change. Such an application can easily cost you between R15,000 to R20,000. Sometimes it is easier to get divorced and then remarry under the right dispensation.