South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

I have been having a problem with a Supervisor since I started…

Customer Question
I have been having a...
I have been having a problem with a Supervisor since I started working with her 1.5 yers ago, she victimises me, pressurises me with work and bullies me. This morning she told me to leave so I went and waited in the car park and then had a meeting with our Labour Law person, when I left I told her that perhaps I would see her in court, she then proceeded to tell the labour law person that I said that I would sue the company, I didn't mean them I meant her. He aslo said that as I am bi-polar am I not prone to mood variations therefore finding some situations worse than they actually are, he also said that in these cases it is usually the lower employee leaves and the higher employee stays. She has done the same thing with numerous other people in the past but basically I have been told that if you are good at your job you can treat people any which way you would like. They sent me home and now I have to meet with them on Monday, do I have any rights? I have complained before but nothing ever gets done.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: South Africa Law
7/2/2010
Lawyer: WCLawyer, Attorney replied 8 years ago
WCLawyer
WCLawyer, Attorney
They cannot fire you without good cause and without a disciplinary hearing being held. They have to give you advance notice of this. They have to allow you representation in the form of a co-worker or a union representative.

I suggest you go and hear what they have to say on Monday, but the cannot fire you without the above taking place. An altercation like that would not normally be a dismissable offense.

If they do fire you, with or without the disciplinary, you should approach the CCMA within 30 days of the event occurring to start reconciliation and arbitration proceedings.