South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

Hi Not sure if my previous corresondence is visit to you…

Hi Not sure if my previous...
Hi

Not sure if my previous corresondence is visit to you but the business deal "marriage" has now colapsed and a divorce is being instituted amicable by both parties. They would like to do a self divorce as its cheaper. what is the cost of a self divorce and what is the cost to get it done through a lawyer/attorney.

If a self divorce is the route they choose to go, do you have paperwork we could obtain and a list of the procedures for us.

I am happy to pay for this information

thanx

lyn
7/1/2010
JJ
JJ, Attorney

Good day

You have to remember that a divorce is finalised in the High Court. This requires the documents to be in order and not to waste the judges' time.

My recommendation would be for an attorney to draft the summons and then also the settlement agreement and that he will see to the documents to be submitted to court. They can then just advise you of the court date and you will be helped by the judge to deal with the matter. I do however strongly advise for an attorney to help you with the initial stages.

This should not cost you more than R2000+vat including all expenses.

I trust this helps you?

Regards

Johann

Hi

this couple is in JHB Kempton Park, who can we contact there to do what must be done.

thanx

lyn

Hi

I am not allowed to refer you to a specific lawyer. Look on the following website:

www.attorneys.co.za

You can do a search on Family Law Attorneys in that region.

Trust this helps.

Regards

Johann

Hi

Oh! I thought you guys were a legal company and this was a good way of marketing your services.

Is this web-site run by the government then.

will check out the web as you suggested

thanx

lyn

Hi Lyn

Thanks.

No, definitely not government. It is run from USA and we just consult for the website on local questions.

We just give guidance, although in practice we are not allowed to "practice" on site!!

Regards

Johann

JJ
JJ, Attorney