South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

Type YourOmbudsmanSA Question Here...I have a Hummer H3 that…

Customer Question
Type YourOmbudsmanSA Question Here...I have...
Type YourOmbudsmanSA Question Here...I have a Hummer H3 that has been having continuos problem relating to both the gearbox and the cooling system. This has resulted in the blown top gascut. The manufacturer fixed the problem in April 2010, but the same problem resurfaced at the end of May and immediately thereafter it was the cool system. GM is refusing to repair the vehicle and the estimated repair cost is R18,000.00.

What is my next option to get fair treatment regarding the problem which in my view is not a normal ware and tear since this vehicle is a July 2007 vehicle which I bought new and has been serviced regularly.

NC Molepo
+27827463551
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: South Africa Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2010
Lawyer: WCLawyer, Attorney replied 8 years ago
WCLawyer
WCLawyer, Attorney
Is the vehicle still under guarantee?
Is there a cost for this if I have to contact a local lawyer because I have already processed the payment on my credit card
That is just my disclaimer. I will give you the advice and then you decide whether you want to act on it. To start the process of litigation, if needed, you might have to consult a local attorney.

Please tell me if the car is still under guarantee.
Sir, I think you misunderstood the above to be my advice. It is, in fact, a request for further information so that I may be better able to assist you. So, if you would kindly give me the information as requested, I would be able to continue to give you the advice.