How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JP Your Own Question
JP, Attorney
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 1063
Experience:  General South African Law.
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
JP is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to visit South Africa. I had a DWI (driving while

This answer was rated:

I would like to visit South Africa. I had a DWI (driving while intoxicated) several years ago. Will I be prohibited from entry? What can I do to correct this if it is a problem? I am a citizen of the United States. Charles Luden

Good day Charles!


The answer is straight forward : You can leave your fears behind ,as you will not be prohibited from entrySmile


I hope you enjoy your stay.


If you however need an attorney in SA at any stage visit


This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please consult a local attorney in person for legal advice. This information is being provided so you can better discuss legal matters with your attorney.


Thank you for your question and if you feel that I have been of assistance kindly accept my answer.


If you feel that this answer exceeded your expectations feel free to award a bonus.


Kind Regards




JP and other South Africa Law Specialists are ready to help you