Software

I have lost the ability to scan to m,y computer and scan to…

I have lost the...

I have lost the ability to scan to m,y computer and scan to email. This occurred about 3 weeks ago for no apparent reason

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Outlook

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually... Read full answer

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Outlook

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser, although also on my phone and well used. However, all scanning is done via my office PC

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None. I'm 75 and have no idea what is wrong and i don't handle web assistance very well.

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/19/2018
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message when scanning?

Is printing currently working fine?
Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is no error message. printing working well. have Windows 10,

What's the model of your printer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have just paid $59. Seriously don't expect to pay again.

You can ignore the optional service offer. What's the model of your printer?

Please reply at the box below; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HP Officejet 6700

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/ycq784dd
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Response is cannot connect to the application

What happens when you open the program HP Officejet 6700 or HP Scan on your computer and scan there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing happens. Printer will scan OK but prior options of scanning to email simply produces no response - or it has done. Is it something I can try again whilst you are there?

Yes, can you scan to pdf / image / file to computer first if needed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi. Scanning PDF and saving to computer is fine. However, when trying to scan to email a response pops up as follows: Scan to email error. The HP Scan application is unable to open your email application and/or cannot attache the scan to a new email. Please check your email configuration and try again." end quote

What's the name of your email program, such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, etc.? Or do you go to your email website for accessing your email?

Can you write a new message in your email, then use the attach option / paperclip icon there to attach your scanned file?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I use Outlook. Your suggested method is fine. I have no problem attaching a file using the paperclip

Click on Start > Settings > Apps > Default apps, then set Microsoft Office Outlook there as default and check. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Microsoft Office Outlook is the default

Set something else to default for email, then set Microsoft Office Outlook back as default, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have just completed the Scan to Email process again and the respoHave just got your latest note. Will do theat again now. ThanksHave completed that exercise - will now try and email again

OK< thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Same response as before

Sorry, you may need to repair office / outlook, but can you just use the paperclip icon / attach option? That always works, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just spent $59 without resolving the problem. What is it in office or outlook that might need repairing? Using the attach option is double handling of material for me. I would prefer to scan directly to email.I have not had remote tech support

On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/y73hfz5z
, then allow / open / run / install the new file called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.ClientBootstrap.jnlp and continue. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cannot get the URL to open

Is there any error or message when clicking on the website https://tinyurl.com/y73hfz5z ?

Or you can try the following solution:

1. Download / install the Mozilla Thunderbird program at the website below:
    https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/
  2. Open the Mozilla Thunderbird program.
  3. Select the option to keep existing email when prompted.
  4. Sign in your email account in the Thunderbird program, then done / finish / continue.
  5. Click on Inbox on the left in the Thunderbird program.
  6. Click on Start > Settings > Apps > Default apps, then under the the Email section, click on the Thunderbird option.
  7. Then see if you can scan to email fine now.

Thank you.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
WHAT DO YOU CHARGE AN HOUR? OUTLOOK AND SOMEHOW I LOST MY
I AM ON OUTLOOK AND SOMEHOW I LOST MY E/MAIL AND ACCOUNT INFO. WHAT DO I DO? … read more
Rahul Ray
Rahul Ray
My Outlook email (office 365) changed overnight, two days
My Outlook email (office 365) changed overnight, two days ago. The toolbar has changed - it's very unhandy. And the most annoying change, I have lost my print option from the email view. In order to p… read more
Tech Expert
Tech Expert
BCA
Lost my Windows Live Mail icon on my screen. Outlook. Web
My wife and I use same computer. I can access my mail. She did something on her screen to delete hers.… read more
Computer Hardware Engineer,
Stop searching for answers—
I bought Office Professional Plus 2010 and Office Pro Plus
I bought Office Professional Plus 2010 and Office Pro Plus 2013 from work at Dow chemical. My computer failed and I lost the key for the office pro plus.. I have the backup USB drive. It has 79P-05212… read more
Moses C
Moses C
Bsc
My y computer died, big time. I purchased a new one, a PC. I
My y computer died, big time. I purchased a new one, a PC. I transfered data to the new one. However, I cannot connect to WORD. I lost all passwords and log ins. Please help me find and download Word.… read more
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Owner,
I am trying to get my office email on my I-Mac at home. It
I am trying to get my office email on my I-Mac at home. It was there, but was lost, and I can't get it back. I have been on the phone with Apple Support for the last hour and a half without success. I… read more
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan
Senior IT Support Specialist,
Information Technology Management / Computer Science
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I am trying to get back in to my Microsoft account. Each
I am trying to get back in to my Microsoft account. Each time it comes back "We don't recognize as the owner of the account" I do not have outlook since I don't use it. … read more
David L
David L
A week ago they took my email off line Why? I am not sure I
They told me that in 24 hours to go to @css.one.microsoft.com give them this #(###) ###-####… read more
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter
CEO,
My internet service provider has been having e-mail issues.
Hi Pearl, my internet service provider Cox has been having e-mail issues. When I spoke to one of their tecs, they asked me to remove my office outlook program then reinstall it using the reinstall rep… read more
Nagarjun Acharya
Nagarjun Acharya
Tech Coach,
BCA
Jess M, I have recently changed my email address and would
Jess M, I have recently changed my email address and would like to change my sign in details for Oulook, thanks Robert Beale … read more
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter
CEO,
It is not my email - there was an upgrade done three days
It is not my email - there was an upgrade done three days ago and we have lost our Solitaire Program … read more
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter
CEO,
I bought microsoft office 2016 surface pro 2. When I open
Hi. I bought microsoft office 2016 for my surface pro 2. When I open microsoft word, the window appears "Choose your product", and there are two options: "Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016" and "… read more
IT Manager,
Stop searching for answers—
I'm looking product recommendation controlling PC's.
I'm looking for a product recommendation for remote controlling PC's. Windows XP used to have a remote desktop app, but it was buggy and always malfunctioned. I've talked to a few tech support compani… read more
RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions
Technician, Developer,
My ADF on my Brother MFC-J430W has stopped working
My ADF on my Brother MFC-J430W has stopped working for no apparent reason. Instead of the ADF operating, the flat bed scans twice and then stops. If I use the buttons on the scanner and select scan to… read more
Senior Engineer,
I have win 7 and I got a notice to link icloud with outlook
I have win 7 and I got a notice to link icloud with outlook 2010, it seemed like a good idea at the time so I did it, The process started then stalled and after a while I ended the process through Tas… read more
Mr.Med
Mr.Med
I am unable to transmit Picasa albums. None of the profile
I am unable to transmit Picasa albums. None of the profile or picasa account numbers on the sheet you provided to me (many months ago) seem to be active. I did this many months ago using google. Now, … read more
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter
CEO,
A problem has developed where the drop down menus on the menu
A problem has developed where the drop down menus on the menu bar work, but internal menus such as "country", "language' etc don't. Having tried all recommended solutions from discussion pages, I'm no… read more
David L
David L
Bonus Available. I am trying to access a 19 gig Outlook 2007
Bonus Available. I am trying to access a 19 gig Outlook 2007 file from a new 2010 install. Please help. A co work has 19 gig of email. It is below the 20 gig default limit. currently the pst is namedX… read more
Justin
Justin
Network Administrator,