Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have several emails from Ancestry but cannot access the…

Customer Question
I have several emails...

I have several emails from Ancestry but cannot access the ancestry program. I get a message that says routine maintenance is taking place and to try later. But when I try later, the same message occurs.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

My phone number may be on file; I just don't know.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

When I joined ancestry and my analysis was available, I always entered the system by clicking on an access printed on the message sent from Ancestry, i.e., I never went through the exercise of entering my userename and password. I kept all my messages from Ancestry, but several weeks ago these messages went through some kind of transformation -- there were a lot of numbers instead of just words. I'm really confused with what has happened.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Software
5/31/2018
Software technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. How do you access your emails? Are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome or Safari? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2016?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess