Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have a Dell Latitude E6530 which has an Error:

Customer Question
I have a Dell...

I have a Dell Latitude E6530 which has an Error: File:\Boot:\BCD

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

The error code is 0x000014c Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

It won't boot up, goes to an error screen. I tried restarting the computer a couple of times but the automatic repair doesn't boot up. I did get it one time and ran a test, but sadly I didn't do the preboot test apparently.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Unfortunately, I don't know anymore so that is it.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Software
5/31/2018
Software technician: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 24 days ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Just a moment while I review your question.

Boot the computer and immediately power off the computer when Windows starts (when the Windows logo appears). Do this three times and then boot it again and the Advanced Boot Menu should appear.

Select Advanced options in the menu that appears, then select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Repair. Once Startup Repair is running it will scan for and fix problems keeping the system from booting. Then once completed, reboot and test to see if the issue is resolved.

If that does not resolve the issue then next boot the computer into the Advanced Options menu again and select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt.

On the command prompt run the following commands:
BOOTREC /FIXMBR

and then press Enter.

Next run the following command:
BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

and then press Enter.
If any errors appear then run the following:
BOOTREC /RebuildBcd

Then reboot and test to see if the computer boots normally.