Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Downloaded family tree maker 2014. Grandson messed up

Customer Question
Downloaded family tree maker...

Downloaded family tree maker 2014. Grandson messed up computer. I successfully downloaded FTM2014. When I open family tree maker it says it is not logged in. I try to log in and it says I must be connected to the internet to do this. Only treemaker seems to be having this issue.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Windows Dell

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have? And the version of Windows?

Window 8.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Dell inspiron 2350

Technician's Assistant: What version of Windows are you running on your Inspiron?

8.1

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

Grandson screwed it up. Having to reinstall some software.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it. I remember having this problem the last time I downloaded FTM2014. I think its a known issue.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Software
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/31/2018
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.

I advise you to first run whatever Update function your install of FTM2014 has. It might be that it needs that.

Then, and if that fails to work also, you might need to look into your firewall on the computer, and make sure its Application settings have an 'Allow' permission registered and saved in its settings, for FTM2014 to have permission to access internet. That might be why it is saying there is not an internet connection.

(If you need instructions on how to do the above, let me know in Reply, and I will instruct and advise you further.)

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page .... A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.