Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Why don`t you see that every time we have an update, you…

Customer Question
Why don`t you see...

Why don`t you see that every time we have an update, you erase my game chess titans? i`m sure that you should know that by now, or you just don`t care?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Desk top Hewlett pakerd

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Hewlett pakerd pavilion p-7 1299c

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

This is not a laptop.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

How to keep my game after every upcate.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Software
5/30/2018
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell; I work with JustAnswer.com. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.

that is not an answer?

I'm sorry - I don't know what happened. Perhaps my answer got lost in the system.

I'll type it in again now: I think that Microsoft is not erasing your Chess Titans game deliberately, so much as the scanner that is often distributed with Microsoft Windows updates, the 'Malicious software scanner', may be identifying your install of Chess Titans as infected with some form of malware.

I advise you to check on that with any good virus scanner that you have - and if you do not have anything other than Windows Defender, please consider acquiring www.avast.com's free anti-virus scanner, downloading it, installing it, updating it fully, then running a Deep Scan on your whole system. (Not just a Quick Scan, which often finds nothing much... and will not necessarily scan Chess Titans.)