Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Beats the heck out of me..Iget a message from AO(he)Ll

Customer Question
Beats the heck out...

Beats the heck out of me..Iget a message from AO(he)Ll asking me to change my password. I've been a member for decades and find this BS irritating as can be. So I change my password, and get the same damned message again! WTF is going on with this crap??????

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Samsung

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?

Started now after all these years, I don't understand why AOL is giving me all this BS

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that comes to mind at this point.....

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Software
5/29/2018
Software technician: Chris Baxter, Programmer replied 2 months ago
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programmer

Hello!

This will usually happen if the account password ***** ***** soft, as in, guessable. Mine is a few numbers a few letters a few special things like ! or % that you normally could not put there a decade ago. Secure well and you do not get notified unless something bad happens, like this following notice from 2014 (they may not have told the news but still told everyone else....)

https://www.zdnet.com/article/aol-asking-users-to-change-passwords-after-discovering-breach/

Please dont forget to click that accept button and rate up there or I dont get paid! :)

I don't want to be the reason that you don't get paid, BUT after trying several potential passwords, I still get crap about 'not strong enough' etc. I use ALL of the criteria and Still get this poop. It is a personal computer--that only I have access to, and yet this BS continues. WTF is going on????????

Either the password ***** are putting in is too close to the login name, say my login name is "sam" and my password ***** "mas" it will call it not strong. A password ***** as myNam4isMu9! is usually going to be strong enough for most systems.

If it asks for two special characters, add a period. myNam4isMu9!.