Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I tried to set up an account on Zillow. I made a mistake I…

Customer Question
I tried to set...

I tried to set up an account on Zillow. I made a mistake I think, I didn't realize that there was a validation code sent to my phone so I started the process all over again. Now It won't take my phone number. I am trying to list an apartment.

Technician's Assistant: Which Zillow product do you have?

I googled Zillow and downloaded the app

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Zillow software?

I had an ad all set up and then I can't get it entered because it says that my phone number is *****

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

You should be able to find my ad.

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Software
5/29/2018
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 19 days ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer account question.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
how do I set it up? How do I get it to accept my phone number
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I'm not paying any additional money please help me

I'm not sure where you are in the process of listing on Zillow, but, if you entered a mobile phone number, perhaps it really is 'invalid' for their purposes - though I really cannot see why.

Or, if you entered a Google Voice phone number, perhaps that is not allowable by their system.

Did you get to enter the validation code?

And, if you did succeed in starting one account, perhaps the 'invalid phone #' message for trying to create it the second time, means that the first account exists, and so that phone # is linked to that account and cannot be re-used.

- Check your email. You may have gotten an email confirming the first account was created... if so, follow that thread, and abandon the second account completely. Restart the phone if needed.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I restarted my phone. Didn't work. I tried to put this ad in 3 times. They did send me a code the first time. I didn't see it. I have three accounts and I can't put my phone number in any of them.

Then try the code... have you put in the code yet?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
There is no place to put the code. When I push the But me to verify the information it tells me that the telephone number is ***** and won't let me go further
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
There is no place to put the code

Did you get the code in an email? if so, does the email contain a link? (if 'yes' to both, click or tap on that link, follow that lead through.)

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I did get a code. I didn't put it is because I didn't realize that one had been sent. I tried to put my phone number in again. At the bottom of the text.............. Interesting they sent me a text message but then wouldn't accept that number for the ad. any way is said to go to. http://bit.ly/noScams.

Interesting. What site are you going to for posting an ad on Zillow?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Apartments, Houses & Townhomes for Rent
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
then it says "list a rental"

Try this YouTube video, for instructions on how to post ad on Zillow - maybe it can help if you follow its directions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YW1vBDbntE

- and also, check your email for any message from Zillow.com... it might straighten this out nicely, esp. if you pay attention to the earliest email from them (if there are several) today.

(I will be offline for a few hours, but will get back to you later today.)

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
There is nothing in the emails to help me to set up this ad. I have all of info there and it shows OFF MARKET

I don't know what else to suggest then - did the emails come from Zillow, or from someone/something else?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Zillow. I need to have the account reset. Let me start over.
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Can you reset my account so that I can start all over again.

You may reset your Zillow account's password, by way of this procedure:

Click Sign In, in the upper-right corner of the Zillow homepage and select, Don't know your password?

and follow the procedure through. (This is when you bring up the www.zillow.com page in a web browser... I think you may have gotten the procedure scrambled up a bit owing to using the Zillow app, perhaps. Try this with a web browser! on any computer or device that is yours... since it only relates to your online Zillow account.)

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I changed my password ***** it still won't take my phone number.

Is your phone number not in the same area code as the property that you are listing?

I really suspect something is wrong with your phone number, that causes it to be rejected. But, was it rejected the very first time that you submitted it? if 'yes', then there is something wrong with it period. If 'no', then it's the repeated submissions that are being rejected.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Get accepted at the 1st time I did it. After that it wouldn't accept it.
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
It accepted it

If it accepted it the first time it was submitted, then where did the process (the first time) interrupt itself, please?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I didn't realize that they were going to send a code through my phone. It wasn't stated clearly. I tried to put my phone number in there a second time period I thought that was the verification they were asking for. After that it didn't work
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 18 days ago

Well... you have to resume the first part of the process somehow... submitting your phone # again and again helps not at all.

You may have to get another phone # to enter, and do the process more carefully this time - but at least your phone # was not what is wrong! that's something hopeful, at least.

I suggest a different phone #, *if* you cannot resume at the point after which you entered your phone #... somehow, to use that phone #, that has to be done. Was there no login information for your Zillow account provided in any of those emails?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
This is a notice for rent. I can't use a different number because I'm the one that needs to get all the phone calls about the property that I have for rent.

Then the only solution is to resume the application process. (I would have recommended long ago that you contact Zillow customer support, but unfortunately that requires going through a forum online - which will not produce any results fast, I doubt.)

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I can't use zillow? That seems strange. In this day and age you would think there would be an easy solution to this .I don't get it

Zillow is like Google and some others - an Online Only company. They don't have phone support.

It's either resume where you left off - rather than beginning over again - perhaps on a different device than your phone? for technical reasons - or else go with another provider, I think. (Or get another phone with a different phone number...?? I don't think much of that, but it is a theoretical way out.)

Now, rather than using a computer or a different phone to complete the Zillow application or registration, you might just be able to clear the temporary/cache files for the Zillow app on the current phone - if that's where you have been working on it - and be able to properly re-start the application after that. Would you like to try that, if so, tell me whether your phone is an iPhone or an Android phone, and I will give you instructions.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
My phone is an android

OK... I am preparing instructions for clearing cache memory for the Zillow app on your phone... just a few minutes please...

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Tx

Go to Settings, then

go to Apps (or Applications, perhaps) in the menu, then

locate the Zillow app there. Then,

tap on Storage, and buttons for clearing cache and app data will become usable. Use the Clear Cache And Data function just for the Zillow app.

Then see if you can, carefully, start the application process over again! carefully, because you have only one chance to enter your phone #, as I'm sure you know by now.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I don't have the app. I thought I downloaded it but apparently I didn't. I went to http:zillow.com and placed my ad there.

Then clear the cache for your web browser app on your phone, whatever it is, by similar directions, I advise.

Russell H., Computer Support Specialist