Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I just bought a new computer and I want to transfer my Adobe…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a new computer and I want to transfer my Adobe Reader (Student Copy) to the new computer. I purchased the item 5 years ago and had it install on Windows 7. My new computer is Windows 10. I provided my installation code and all related information to the Geek Squad @ Best Buy and asked them to install it on my new computer. They are not sure that I can do that. I have deleted it from this computer. Is this going to work or must I do something else to get my Adobe Reader transferred?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Adobe Reader?

I am not sure if I have ever updated it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Software
5/28/2018
Software technician: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Best buy has salesmen, not technicians. All you need to do is sign into your adobe account and redownload and install the program.

The page below contains steps that will show you what you need to do

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1006208

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

I just know if this transfer is going to work. I have already deleted Adobe Reader (Student Version) from my computer

Yes, if done properly of course it will work. You own the program, so there wont be any issues.

Dustin S.

What's nest here? I am confused!!

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1006208

Dustin S.

I do not want to keep this service as it is a rip off!! I still am not sure what transpired here!!

Ive given you the answer several times....

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1006208

Dustin S.