Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Why is it that every time I upgrade a M/S product like

Customer Question
Why is it that...

Why is it that every time I upgrade a M/S product like Skype, I have to generate a NEW password (my previous one is not accepted)> And is it true that on now has to pay to be able to use Skype?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

I was using Edge (but now need a password ***** open it) I am now using Google. Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Skype?

I attempted to yesterday but gave up I had lost my contacts

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Software
5/27/2018
Software technician: Harry, Software Tech replied 2 months ago
Harry, Software Tech

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

particularly with Skype. I upgradeg and lost my contacts
A friend fixed the Edge problem but I am sick and tired of my password ***** Skype being rejected and I have to generate another and so it goes on. I dread it when I see an update is due.
That means I have to sit at my computer a wait. Forget it. I have other things to do, I have HAD Microsoft up to my back teeth. I despise them and just wish I didn't have anything to do with them. Skype has never been the same since M/S took it over. Never ever had problems before. I will now use the phone and Skype can rot in hell!

OK