Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have old laptop Lenovo XP with Securedoc i do not have…

Customer Question
I have old laptop...

I have old laptop Lenovo XP with Securedoc i do not have password, there were no document on it when i restore laptop i did not requested removal of the secure doc

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Lenovo?

How do I get rid of it

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Lenovo? Have you installed any updates recently?

XP

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I did factory restore an I am stuck since then it is Z61e model 2008 or 2009

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Software
5/2/2018
Software technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 19 days ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

Did you try to perform a factory reset using a CD (disc), or by pressing a function key at system start to launch system recover?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
by pressing a function key at system start to launch system recover
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
by pressing a function key at system start to launch system recover?
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
System is annoying keep trying to sell me extra service
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I do not see anything going how long I am suppose to wait here?

Real technician here (not robot), so replies will not be instantaneous. Your patience is appreciated, and please remember we offer one-on-one phone support if you would like to speak directly to me.

What exactly happened after you tried to launch recovery? were you able to delete/recreate the partition and complete the recovery?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Recovery went fine I did not delete secure drive however now id o not have password ***** can not log in, I can not do anything alway goes to secure doc log in
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
How do I get back to restore factory setting - without secure doc
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
This is not going tom work I do not have all night

Removing the securedoc bootloader is a very complicated process involving burning boot CD's and performing many steps , which may not be successful.

I have a suggestion. For an old computer as you are describing , it may prove to be much more cost effective just to replace the hard drive with a similar new or used drive. Again, for an older computer, you won't be looking at much cost for a new or used drive, and you can be sure it will work. If you'd like to go this route, please send me the model of the computer.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist