Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

If I buy a lap top with Windows 10 and use GoToMyPc to sign…

Customer Question
If I buy a...

If I buy a lap top with Windows 10 and use GoToMyPc to sign onto my office computer running windows 7 will they communicate with each other?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your laptop?

Dell

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Dell? Have you installed any updates recently?

Updates all the time, can't run windows 10 on my office computers because of some software that only runs with 7. I have an old lap top that connects just fine but is ready to die, need a new lap top, any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope, thanks!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Software
4/3/2018
Software technician: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue. If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt and resume chat.

They use a browser to connect so there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to connect at all and has been done...

I would go with a Dell Inspiron, the specs would be up to you but the customer service is superb and also HP customer service is excellent.

Those would be my two manufacturer recommendations. As to model, it would depend exactly as to what you will be using it for and also budget parameters. If you looking for instant responses, make sure you opt for solid state drive and also min of 8gb of ram and upgradable which MOST are these days.. If you go to the Dell website there are lots of options on the Inspiron and its a really great machine...

Thanks Mike

FYI If you want specific model recommendations for your use, let me know

Will need to know budget and primary use