Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Not able to start NEAT without subscription. I have been…

Customer Question
Not able to start...

Not able to start NEAT without subscription. I have been using Neat for some years without subscription, and now I am being shut off.

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Neat software

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

I kept on being led to the subscription page, and am not able to log into the program

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/3/2018
Software technician: Michael Rademacher, Network Administrator replied 3 months ago
Michael Rademacher
Michael Rademacher, Network Administrator

I am Michael. I will assist you today.

What version of Neat are you running?

When did you last use it without subscription?

Did you upgrade or reinstall the software?

Thank You

Michael

1. Not sure as I cannot open the Next file. I recall having a program DVD but cannot find it. Sorry.
2. Last time without subscription: approximately two months ago. Scanned a lot of stuff last summer without problems.
3. Yes a few days ago when Next suggest upgrading the program. After that I was not able to open next without subscription. I also recall that before upgrading I was able to open Neat without password--just click on the Neat logo.
--ron

The following link

https://support.neat.com/helpcenter/ending-support-of-legacy-desktop/

shows that legacy versions are discontinued and that Neat moved to a Cloud based version. I am suspecting that your upgrade a few days ago replaced your free version. I am not sure how and if you are able to go back. Best option would be to get a subscription and/or support from Neat.

Above webpage includes a link on how to check your version:

Alternatively:

You might be able to restore from a backup (if you have one).

Thank You

Michael

The status says "Waiting for Expert..." I am not sure if you tried my suggestions form my last message:

Hi, The following linkhttps://support.neat.com/helpcenter/ending-support-of-legacy-desktop/shows that legacy versions are discontinued and that Neat moved to a Cloud based version. I am suspecting that your upgrade a few days ago replaced your free version. I am not sure how and if you are able to go back. Best option would be to get a subscription and/or support from Neat.Above webpage includes a link on how to check your version:Alternatively:You might be able to restore from a backup (if you have one). Thank You Michael