Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have Photoshop CS5 with Ver 12.04x64 running on Mac

Customer Question
I have Photoshop CS5...

I have Photoshop CS5 with Ver 12.04x64 running on Mac 10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Photoshop?

Several years ago - my problem has just started - when I go to print anything in photoshop I get this message:

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

There was an error opening your printer. Printinng functions will not be available until you have selected a printer and reopened any documents. I have no idea how to select a printer - have always printed when I hit print. I tried to download a new version from adobe and it would download but not install. I easily could upgrade if that would fix the problem

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Software
the tel # I gave is my home phone number rather than mobil. I am not too pleased with this operation.
no - do not connect to my computer.
4/2/2018
Software technician: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 3 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, a tech expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

It sounds like your printer driver may have become corrupted; we can fix that simply by installing a new driver. What printer do you have?

Epson XP-8500
I also have an XP-350 which the problem began on - the purchased the new printer which has the same problem so don't think it is a driver problem - I tried installing a new driver on the xp-350 and it did not solve the problem.
are you still online?
How can this happen? I do not want or need a "within 24 hours response" - please cancel and I will attempt to get an answer from Adobe. You can keep the initial 5$ charge but please do not charge any more!
Your answers are being received in my junk box with a warning from Entourage that they appear to be junk mail!