Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have locked myself out of my Lenovo MIIX 320-10lCR. I’m…

Customer Question
Hi I have locked myself out...
Hi
I have locked myself out of my Lenovo MIIX 320-10lCR . I’m not sure what I did but it now wants a bitlocker recovery key,which I don’t have
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Software
4/3/2018
Software technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 3 months ago
Richard, Software Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the version of windows you are using please?

Thank you

Windows 10

ok, without the key In this situation you have to reinstall windows, there is no way to get around this. It will remove all your data and return the computer to new, but you cannot avoid this, it is the whole point of the security.

To do this, on the password ***** hold the SHIFT key on the keyboard and with it held down, click on the power icon on the screen then restart.

Keep shift held down until it has restarted and your at a menu.

Choose from this menu, Troubleshoot, then Reset My PC.

You will have to choose to remove all your files for this to work.

Let this complete and once it has, you will need to setup your computer again just like when you first received it.

Let me know please how you go.

Thank you

Thanks

Go to

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey

And follow the steps to get your key

Let me know how you go please

Thank you

Hi,my Microsoft account is locked for a month,sorry thought I had given that information

You mean you cannot sign into your account? What is the exact message it gives?

On that page, type at the top

www.outlook.com

You can then access your emails

Let mem know how you go please