Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have a smsung galaxy 10.1 and I have games on it but the…

Customer Question
I have a smsung...

I have a smsung galaxy 10.1 and I have games on it but the last 4 days I can't access them, the play store or my gmail account

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your software?

Tues of last week

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

I tried but it said all updates we update

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No thats all

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Software
4/1/2018
Software technician: GeekGal, Software Support Specialist replied 25 days ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Software Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you.Please give me a moment to review your question.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

It sounds as though there may be a problem with the Gmail account, which is used for the Play Store. What is the first part of the gmail address associated with the phone? Just the part before the @ sign.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No problem

I see that you have requested SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE. Unfortunately, payment failed. This sometimes happens when your bank sees more than one charge from the same company they suspect that there may be a mistake or possible fraud. Generally, you can clear this up with a quick phone call to assure them that the charge is valid. I don't have the ability to connect to a phone anyway. I can only connect to a PC or a MAC.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ok

Thank you for that information. Are you able to receive text messages on the phone number ending in 20?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I did but this device that has the problem is my galaxy 10.1 samsung

So you're no longer able to receive text messages at that number?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
my phone works fine
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
The tablet works for everything but the play stoe my games and my gmail account
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I cleared the bank can you remotely access tablets

That's great news! that means we can reset the password ***** necessary. Please open a browser window on your tablet and go to www.google.com and try to login with your email address and password. Please let me know if the password ***** If not, we'll reset it and update it on both devices. If it does, then we just need to go to the proper place on your tablet to enter it.

I'm sorry. I can't connect to a tablet either, but I can offer you a phone call if you'd like. I'm sure we can get this cleared up very quickly if we can speak in person.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thats fine just give me a call thank you

I'm really sorry but it is still showing payment failure. Hopefully it will clear up soon. Sometimes it takes a few minutes. in the meantime, please open a browser window on your tablet and go to www.google.com and try to login with your email address and password. Please let me know if this works or not, then I'll know what needs to be done.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I was able to sign in with no problems

Great! then there's no need to change the password. Let's try this:

On your tablet, go to Settings>Application Manager>All Applications>Google Play Store. Select that and clear the cache. Next, Disable & Enable theGoogle Play Store app, also clear the data for the Google Play Store.

Please give this a try and let me know the results.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
That didn't work

Ok. Thank you for the update. Are you seeing any error messages when you try to access the Google Play store? Anything about Network connection?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Nothing like that the screen goes white for a split second and that's it
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Same thing happens when I try to go to Gmail

Ok. Please go to settings > Applications > Samsung apps > clear data/cache. Next, chack the time and date settings on your tablet to make sure that they are correct, then restart your tablet and try again. Let me know the results.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I have Samsung account and Samsung push service
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Data and cache are both 0.00b
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Time and date are correct

Ok. Thank you. Let's try this:

1. Tap “Settings“.
  2. Tapt “Accounts“.
  3. Tap “Google“.
  4. Tap the “Menu” icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
  5. Choose “Sync now“.
  6. You should receive a notification that says “Account Action Required“.
  7. Follow the instructions there to re-ente ryoru password.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I'm not showing Google in the account area and when I hit add account it doesn't give me Google as an option

Ok. I'm terribly sorry but I am running out ideas. At this point , the only advice that I can offer is to do a factory reset of the Samsung Tablet. Are you willing to do that?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Hmmmm I have so much data on here I will have to take the time to transfer to my computer first
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
But thank you very much for your help

You are very welcome. I can leave the question open and we can return to it after you've backed up all of your data, if you'd like .

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
That would be great thank you

You're welcome. Just let me know when you're ready to continue. I work a flexible schedule, which means that my schedule varies from day to day. If I am not online when you return, please let me know a good time for us to reconnect. Please be sure to specify the Time Zone. I will do my best to accommodate you.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I will thank you so very much

You're welcome.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist