Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

This problem is on the mobile app. I sought a samsung s9 and…

Customer Question
This problem is on...

This problem is on the mobile app.

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

I sought a samsung s9 and can not make calls from the messenger I could from my s7

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

Calling from my phone contact list is fine

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I have uninstalled the messenger app and reinstalled it to no avail

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Software
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Anything yet?
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Hello!!!!!
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Anybody there?
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Any possibility of getting some sort of reply?
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
what's the phone number for tech support? 30 minutes with no type of answer is ridiculous!
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
It's been so long even my monitor wants to go to sleep
4/1/2018
Software technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 21 days ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
still do

Do you see any error messages?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
No error message. If the call goes thru, the receiving party can not hear me. Sometimes the call is dropped immediately when the receiver answers the call.
Software technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 19 days ago

Does it work outside of the messenger app?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
If I dial a number or get a call, it works fine. The only time it does not work is thru the messenger app.
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Which 24 hours are you referring to?
Software technician: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 16 days ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Do you still need assistance?

Software technician: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 15 days ago

My apologies for the delay - I was away due to an urgent matter.

Specifically which messenger app is not working for phone calls?

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Messenger

Since there are several messenger apps, to which messenger app are you referring?

Also, what version of Android is on your phone? Since the messenger app was just recently uninstalled then reinstalled, the issue may be due to an incompatibility with the version of Android on your phone if Android is out of date.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
It's on the FB messenger app, on a brand new Samsung Galaxy S9
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Android version 8.0
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
If the call happens to go thru, the receiving party cannot hear me but I can hear them. But what usually happens is that the number dialed rings and then hangs up.

Are you connected to WiFi when this happens?

Also, have you tried it through different WiFi networks?

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
I am connected to Wifi. Have not tried other Wifi networks.
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
If I dial from the contacts list, everything works fine. And making a call from the FB messenger app has worked twice. But thats out of about 20 attempts.

When bi-directional streaming media such as a voice conversation allows connection in one direction but not the other direct, such as in your case, that is often due to a network issue. Sometimes a power reset of the router may fix the problem if there are memory errors in the router that need to clear. To do that power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi). Then restart your phone after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.

If not resolved, another issue that may cause this problem is that the Facebook Messenger of the person you are calling is not up to date or not the same as the version you are using. It that case, since you have already updated, ask them to update and restart their device, and then try a call again.

Please let me know the result.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
even though everything was fine when using the Samsung S7 you think it may be my internet modem?

Yes, it is possible, since errors in router memory can block specific devices, protocols and websites.

The other possibility is a version mismatch between the app you are using and the app that the person you are calling is using.

syseng
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer