Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

A windows 10 update failed and now my computer is locked up.

Customer Question
A windows 10 update...

A windows 10 update failed and now my computer is locked up. can only access task manager. how do I fix this?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

An HP envy

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your Envy?

3 years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP product?

Only able to get task manager

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Windows 10 security updates caused this difficulty

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Software
3/30/2018
Software technician: Kamil Anwar, Software Specialist replied 3 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Software Specialist

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

Can you click File -> New Task (Run) on task manager?