Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My old computer has had a problem and could not be repaired…

Customer Question
My old computer has...

My old computer has had a problem and could not be repaired i have a new computer now and need to reinstall photo shop elements 12 and premiere elements 12 can i use the same numbers as before or do i need to do something different

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Elements?

May be a year ago not sure

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Software
3/30/2018
Software technician: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 3 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, a tech expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

You can absolutely use the same serial numbers/keys as you used before! Your license terms allow for the software to be installed on two computers (though not used at the same time), which would not include the computer you're replacing...so you can reinstall on your new computer, PLUS install on another computer if you wish. :-)

Hope that helps!

how much does that cost

To use your old serial numbers/keys would not require any additional purchase, as long as you still have them.

any idea how long

I'm sorry...I must be misunderstanding. Are you asking how long for remote service, or something else?

how long will this take and when can we start ps i am not very computer savy

Well, we could start right away and -- assuming no unexpected issues arise -- we would be finished within 1/2 hour, I would expect.

Before charging you for this service, though, we would want to make sure it is going to be successful for you. Do you still have your original serial numbers/keys for the software?

ok do i just have hit secure remote assistance request

Actually, to begin, please download and run TeamViewer Quick Support from this link: Download QuickSupport

Once the Quick Support application is running, please provide me with the number located next to "Your ID" and we'll begin.

And, the password ***** is displaying, please?

3220

Thank you! I am setting things up on my end and will be with you shortly.

are we still connected
Software technician: AaronB, Computer Software Engineer replied 3 months ago
AaronB
AaronB, Computer Software Engineer

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you. Do you still need help installing that software?

Thanks,

Aaron

i used the original numbers as explained to me by Eric Ewing and all went well Photoshop is up and running thank you
i used the service 2 days ago i went to use secure remote assistant i fill out all the details i did not get remote assist checked my bank statement and $5 has been taken out and $62 is pending can any body please tell me if that amount is to be refunded