Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My computer crashed a few weeks ago and I cannot get my

Customer Question
My name is***** and...

My name is***** and my computer crashed a few weeks ago and I cannot get my Microsoft back. I,m not on my computer, this my husband Darrell's. My husband has my computer out at his work and there computer tech is working to reinstall Microsoft on it. Is there anyway you can give me the key so that he can reinstall?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

HP Pavillion Notebook g7 PC laptop

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Pavilion?

Google chrome and yahoo

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes whenever I get a notice! I am not sure what they have tried, it is with my husband at his office and their tech guy.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think, only that I don't have my computer with me

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Software
3/29/2018
Software technician: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

If the computer does not boot, and if it runs Windows 10, do the following:

Boot the computer and immediately power off the computer when Windows starts

(when the Windows logo appears). Do this three times and then boot it again

and the Advanced Boot Menu should appear.

Select Advanced options in the menu that appears, then select Troubleshoot >

Advanced Options > Startup Repair. Once Startup Repair is running it will

scan for and fix problems keeping the system from booting. Then once

completed, reboot and test to see if the issue is resolved.