Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I HAVE A WINDOWS KEY NUMBER BUT DON'T KNOW WHAT VERSION OF…

Customer Question
I HAVE A WINDOWS...

I HAVE A WINDOWS KEY NUMBER BUT DON'T KNOW WHAT VERSION OF WINDOWS KEY IS FOR. HOW CAN I DO THIS?

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

WANT VERSION OF WINDOWS THE KEY IS FOR. WANT TO BE WIN 8.1.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

AFRAID WHEN I SEARCH WILL BE HACKEED.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

JUST WANT 8.1 BACK, HATE WIN 10 WHICH I STUPIDLY DOWNLOADED AND PAID $99.00 FOR IT.

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Software technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 27 days ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. Where did you get the windows key you have?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
off of my pc

Ok and that PC came with windows 8.1 or 7?

Also was the key on a sticker on the computer itself?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
but tried to restore but again loaded win 10. I stopped the reload and did not finish. Can you put win 8.1 on it? Also have 2 laptops with same issue. Time has expired to go back to win 8.1. Paid $99.00 for each Pc for win 10. If you take over 1 Pc can you put win 8.1 on it.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
How much will it cost?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
NO DID SEARCH ONPC FOR IT. THIS IS NOT PC WANT YOU TO FIX IT IS THE OTHER PC.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
THE PC WANT CHANGED TODAY IS HUSBANDS.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
HOW DO I CONNECT OTHER PC TO YOU PLEASE?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I WILL HAVE TO BAckup this PX BEFORE I HAVE YOU CHANGE. LOTS OF STOFF.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
JUST SO YOU KNOW BOTH PC'S HAD WIN 8.1. SCREWED UP WHEN LOADED WIN 10. HATE IT...
WANT 8.1 Back.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
just LET ME KNOW WHAT I DO TO GET CONNECTED WITH OTHER PC AND TECH SUPPORT. DON'T WANT TO PAY MONEY UNLESS CAN PUT WIN 8.1. PLS CHECK AND MAKE SURE THEY CAN DO THAT,
Software technician: cvd4311, Computer Enthusiast replied 27 days ago
cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Enthusiast

Besides calling Microsoft and giving them the key code and they can tell you which version it is, you can go to this link: https://github.com/Superfly-Inc/ShowKeyPlus/releases then download it. Once you open it after you have downloaded it to a PC then click on Check Product Key (top right hand side) next to Retrieve key from Backup. Then enter the key code that you have into the box. Once you type it in then the version that it is for will come up right under that box you typed in the key code.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
WANT TO DO THIS ON OTHER PC. TELL ME WHAT TO DO?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
THE ANSWER WAS YES ON OTHER PC PLEASE.

You said above you wanted to know how to find out which version is your key code. The way to do that is through my link above.

In order to go back to Windows 8.1 from Windows 10 you will have to do a few things:

You can do either of the below:

1. Recovery by using a previous backup

1. Searching for Control Panel with Cortana.
  2. Navigating to Programs and Features.
  3. Arranging the list of apps in your system by Installed On

2. Recovery by clean installation

This process involves having the installation media of Windows 8.1 and performing a clean install of the operating system.

This method requires you to backup your files and to re-install all the programs on your computer. This method takes more time, but it's also the cleanest way to downgrade.

If you don't the Windows 8.1 installation media, don't worry, Microsoft now allows you to download the files from the company's servers. Follow this link and instructions.

And then follow these instructions:

1. Reboot your computer with Windows 8.1 installation files (make sure your PC is set to boot from the drive with installation files).
  2. During the Windows Setup, click Next, accept the licensing, and click Next.
  3. Click the option Custom: Install Windows only (Advanced) option to do a clean installation.
  4. Delete any partition created by you current operating system.
  5. Select the empty drive and click Next to begin the installation process.

3. Recovery by uninstalling Windows 10

If you happened not to like Windows 10, or you're having issues, Microsoft is adding the "Go back to Windows 8.1" feature to make the process a lot easier. However, the downside is that you only have a month after you upgrade to Windows 10 to go back. If you're still within a month after the upgrade you can follow these steps to go back:

1- Use the Windows + I shortcut to open the Settings app.

2- Navigate to Update & security and go to Recovery.

3- If everything is set correctly in your system, you'll see the option Go back to Windows 8.1. Here simply click the Get started button.

4- At this point, you can tell Microsoft why you're going back, click Next.

5- You'll get a warning that you'll need to reinstall some apps and programs, and you'll lose any changes made after upgrading to Windows 10. A file backup is not necessary but recommended. And then click Next.

6- Make sure you know your Windows 8.1 password ***** you'll be locked out of the system without it, and then click Next.

7- Finally, click the Go back to Windows 8.1 and let the process complete.

The last method you can only do if is it within the 30 days that you installed Windows 10.

If the disk that you have is actually the Windows 8 disk then you can do a factory reset and install the disk to go back to Windows 8

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
YOU HAVE TO NO MONTH EXPIRED SOME TIME AGO AND I DO NOT HAVE 8.1 DISK.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
JUST TELL ME WHERE I CAN GO TO GET, OR BUY WIN 8.1.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
WHAT SAY?

Did you go to the website to check your key code to see if that is windows 8.1?

If you want to buy the disk you can go to either of the places below:

https://instocksoftware.com/product?pid=5&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-uzVBRDkARIsALkZAdm95qutUG8SGfFxASkjldNBDoFi3jrR2Xn-x5WBKiG82amdwFRdaT4aAk94EALw_wcB

https://instocksoftware.com/product?pid=4&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-uzVBRDkARIsALkZAdlzKnm5bXsAx5vCVq2cNqWYAcby4tYeKVVGDWExZOCRrZtBszYjYsMaAp6fEALw_wcB

https://www.mychoicesoftware.com/products/windows-8-1-1-pc-license?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googleshopping&dfw_tracker=25306-6542028039&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-uzVBRDkARIsALkZAdm-pDyxM7TEojUvySVlIGqzr4B0TYExpZc_ona_uEWh8pq26nD8vkYaAsFHEALw_wcB&variant=22820096327

Copy and paste the links into your browser to go to that site and purchase.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I already paid the $5 to join never got help

I have been chatting since 11:29 am this morning. I have listed everything you can do above. Do you see that chat?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Never got help on other Pc now and you want another five bucks. What say Cvd 4311

Disregard the 5.00 that keeps popping up. I am helping you on this ticket only. I posted what you can do see what version disk you have and also if you needed to buy them. See below in what you wrote:

HAVE A WINDOWS KEY NUMBER BUT DON'T KNOW WHAT VERSION OF WINDOWS KEY IS FOR. HOW CAN I DO THIS?

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

AFRAID WHEN I SEARCH WILL BE HACKEED.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
This is my phone don’t hv treble with this. On Pc please not phone. You asking for another five bucks, no help yet just a lot of useless chatter.

no the instructions I'm giving you is for your PC and not your phone.

There is no 8.1 or windows 10 on the phone so I knew you were asking about PC.

The links I have sent you have to be downloaded to a PC.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
No this is a phone no t Pc. Don’t send any more shit my way. Want refund no help received... give me my money net...

I am not sending it for your phone. These instructions are for a PC ONLY. Not a phone. If you want to buy the disk to go back to Windows 8.1 you have to copy and paste the link into a browser on your PC and buy it like that. If you want to know what version of Windows key code you have then you have to go to that link I sent you through this chat and download that and insert the key code in that to see if that disk is Windows 8.1.

Once again this is NOT for your phone. This is for a PC ONLY.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I want my $5.00 credit. You did not give me any help. Do not send me anymore texts on my phone.
Annette Sue Cook. FOR SURE
cvd4311
cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Enthusiast