Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My son accidentally deleted all of his mind craft history on…

Customer Question
My son accidentally deleted...

My son accidentally deleted all of his mind craft history on his fire amazon tablet, is there a way to recover it?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your Amazon tablet?

SV98LN

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Amazon tablet?

Nothing

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Software
3/28/2018
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Kindle tablet question.

You may first of all look in the Trash, to see whether the deleted file is there.

Then after that, you may need to do a procedure as follows:

1. download and run a file recovery tool to your computer

2. connect your Kindle to your computer with a USB cable of the right sort

3. use the file recovery program - select the drive the Kindle is seen as by the computer.

4. then scan that drive (the Kindle, connected in (2) and recognized by the computer.)

5. find the Minecraft history file there among the recoverable deleted files, select it, recover it.

6. close the file recovery program after giving it time to do the task in (5).

7. safely disconnect the Kindle from the computer.

8. shut the Kindle down. Restart it, a few minutes after that. Try starting Minecraft again.

The recovery program to use is shown on this page:

http://www.jihosoft.com/recover-data/kindle-file-recovery.html

where there are two rectangles, one for Free Download Windows Version, and the other for

Free Download Mac Version.

and some instructions for its use.

As for the Minecraft history file: that depends upon whether it is the Minecraft CHAT history or some other history. This video is about recovering a Minecraft history file:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g51WkuDLRGQ

and it might provide some helpful tips.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.