Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Two things. My "Documents" icon does not appear in the

Customer Question
Two things. My "Documents"...

Two things. My "Documents" icon does not appear in the sidebar. For example I send a scan from the printer but nowhere can I find it on thr computer. Iv'e been told to go to Finder, Preferences but "Docs" does not appear in sidebar /favorites. I double click on my HOME icon, Docs does not appear. None of the suggestions on the various Help sources are of help. (Some docs do appear in i-cloud but are quite random). Should I take the computer to the local Apple store?

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

Yes, it says "Computer not found" Selected C is not avail, then lists suggestions

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Many months ago but forget the scan prob for a moment, I can't get "my documents" or "All my Files

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Software
3/27/2018
Software technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 3 months ago
Richard, Software Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

Thank you