Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have a membership w/ you guys. You just did a reinstall of…

Customer Question
I have a membership...

I have a membership w/ you guys. You just did a reinstall of window 10 a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm getting some issue I'd like to have you address.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Dell Inspiron 15

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

Windows 10. Let me say upfront. I'm NOT very computer savy.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

Some that were called for

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Some of the issues I'm having have to do with left clicking and getting right click menus and getting unusal pop-up menues

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
3/26/2018
Software technician: Sheri, Expert replied 4 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. There are several things to check. First, go to the search in the bottom left and type control panel. Once it opens, click on the mouse menu. Once there, under the buttons section, check to see if the primary and secondary buttons are switched. If they are, switch them back. If that doesn't help, second, go to the search again and type device manager and select it from the list. Once it opens, expand the categories to find your mouse. Right click on it and choose update driver.

Then choose search automatically for updated driver software. Then, if presented, allow to search Windows Update. If a new driver is found in this process, allow it to update. Then test.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.
Regards,
Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert