Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I am having trouble installing a game. Xbox One. I have

I am having trouble...

I am having trouble installing a game

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Xbox One

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your XBox? What have you tried so far?

I have tried to install 3 different copies of the game over the last two weeks. None of them have worked. I've tried doing a hard restart before each attempt as well. Other games have been installed with no issues.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Game Expert to know before I connect you?

The game I am trying to install, installs to about 34% before the installation stops

3/26/2018
Richard, Software Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the name of the game you are trying to install?

Please let me know

Thank you

Forza Horizons 3

Thanks

Is it the only game you have issues installing?

it's only with this game.

Thanks

Use either LCD or window cleaner and spray it on the disk, then use a lint free cloth to wipe it down and clean it. Make sure it is completely wiped off and dry.

Then try to install with the game.

Let me know please how you go

Thank you

Unfortunately that didn't work, It keeps stopping on 33.8%

Thanks

It is the disk itself internal that has faulted, this now confirms it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Disk to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

It installed with no issues on my roommate's Xbox though. I'm not completely sure what the issue may be with my console, it is only this game that has had problems installing.

It keeps stopping at the exact same spot correct?

Yep, right at 33.8%

ok, it may be an issue on the Lens with dirt, but all signs point to a faulty disk, just looks like your Roommates Xbbx has a higher tolerance.

Do you have a disk cleaner for CDs or DVDs there?

I don't have an actual disk cleaner, no

How old is the disk?

It was just purchased and opened yesterday

ok, take the game back as faulty, if your Xbox installs other games no problem, it really points to this, possibly some dust on the lens creates less tolerance then your roomates xbox, but the disk is under warranty do I would replace it under this

Richard, Software Specialist
Fair enough, it really must just be a coincidence that I'm having trouble with he same game. Thank you for your help.