Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

The Layers in the layers palette are red. It seems like the…

Customer Question
The Layers in the...

The Layers in the layers palette are red. It seems like the layers are locked. Cannot make a mask - our if I do - clicking on it will not select it. Earlier today everyone was normal?

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

I'm Sorry - Adobe Photoshop CC 2018

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Photoshop?

When I open an image, teh background let on the layer palette is red, What does that mean

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Well, Mac OS 13.3

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Software
Answered in 3 days by:
3/29/2018
Software technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

No. I solved it and did not approve the additional charge over the 5$. Here was the issue: the images were exported from CaptureOne and something got wonky in the export. It was not a only Photoshop issue but a combination of CaptureOne and PS. A re-import solved it.It was more than just locked layers. EVERY tool was inoperative. File that away in case it comes up again. No charge for the info. You may use it to help someone else. ��