Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I need to know the name of my dropbox account for someone to…

Customer Question
Hi, I need to...

Hi, I need to know the name of my dropbox account for someone to send a secret for my wife's birthday. I believe it is Jaques. Can you confirm or otherwise fill be in?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Dropbox?

I have no idea

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Dropbox?

I can view things in it; what I want it is to download a short video from it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope - thank you.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Software
3/25/2018
Software technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. Like most online services, DropBox takes email accounts as the username. Have you tried access dropbox.com on the web and then logging in with your regularly used email address?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Using a Mac.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Please open Safari, and then go to www.dropbox.com

You sill see a big SIGN UP page on the left. DO NOT do the SIGN UP since you said you already have an account. So on the top menu, click on SIGN IN.

Under username, please try to enter your email address. Then enter a password ***** you can remember. Then sign in. If the system says that the password ***** ***** then click on the Forgot Password ***** and a reset procedures will be sent to your email.

But if the system says the email is not found in their system, then you need to enter another email address.

Jess M., thanks. I need to continue later.

You're welcome. That is the only way you can determine your existing DropBox account. If you have several email addresses that you regularly use, please try the procedures I gave you with those email addresses since I believe one of them is your actual DropBox account.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess