Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

During the night, an update was downloaded to one of my

Customer Question
During the night, an...

During the night, an update was downloaded to one of my computers - now, it will load appropriately. I am writing this from another. I hope that I am not billed for this service: because. the failure occurred because of the download.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

A desktop computer

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Dell and its a windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Dell? Have you installed any updates recently?

As I said the update which occured last night caused this problem

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Maybe, two things, is there a charge and since the computers are rooms apart, should I go to a telephone

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Software
3/24/2018
Software technician: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Boot the computer and immediately power off the computer when Windows starts (when the Windows logo appears). Do this three times and then boot it again and the Advanced Boot Menu should appear.

Select Advanced options in the menu that appears, then select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Repair. Once Startup Repair is running it will scan for and fix problems keeping the system from booting. Then once completed, reboot and test to see if the issue is resolved.