Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

What is error code -48 & how do I fix this? I have

Customer Question
What is error code...

What is error code -48 & how do I fix this? I have garageband version 10.1.6. Than you!

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

I am on a mac book

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

I have Quit Garage band, rebooted the laptop, reloaded the tracks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Software
Is the technician working on the question, please let me know when I should expect a response. Thank you
Did I lose my technician or is someone working the problem? Thank you
3/24/2018
Software technician: Michael Rademacher, Network Administrator replied 3 months ago
Michael Rademacher
Michael Rademacher, Network Administrator

My name is Michael.

I researched your problem (don't own the software myself).

The error code indicates that the file system where the file is located is corrupted, full, or the file might be corrupted. in any case, the software is not able to read the file. It could be a duplicate filename as well. Teh solution was

" Thank you for responding- A friend of mine was able to help me who also said "-48" means an error because of a duplicate file. For anyone else who has this problem: My issue was that I was reusing the same project over and over again, exporting the audio that I recorded that day, then clicking on "don't save" when I closed the project. My guess is that after recording over 200 times on a single project, perhaps the metadata got backed up to the point where Garage Band thought I was trying to record on a duplicate file. The Fix: I created a New Project!"

You can read the entire thread here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7740333

Thank You

Michael