Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I've been trying to use Paypal, but because I previously had…

Customer Question
I've been trying to...

I've been trying to use Paypal, but because I previously had another email address, the message tells me that my debit card is linked to another user, so won't let me access.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your PayPal?

About 5 months ago I think.

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

I've left my previous job & now have my own lap-top computer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I think that's all.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Software
3/23/2018
Software technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 3 months ago
Jeevan DSouza

Hello there! I am TechGuy007 and I'll be your expert today. I'm sorry you are having this issue and I will do my best to help.

You will need to first sign into paypal using your old email address and then update it.

Changing the email address on your PayPal account isn’t as obvious as it could be, but it’s not too complicated. Here’s a step-by-step guide:

1) Login to PayPal.

2) In the My Account tab click Profile.

3) On the next screen that appears, the second line down should be email address – click the Update link.

4) You cannot change an address, you have to Add a new one before taking the old one away.

5) Once you have entered your new address, a few minutes later you should receive an email asking you to confirm it. Click that confirm link.

6) You can now go back to your Email page and, having selected the new address, click the Make Primary button.

make primary

7) IMPORTANT! I suggest you now logout of PayPal and then make sure you can login again with the new address.

Better safe than sorry!

8) Finally, you can now go back to the Email page, select the old address and click the Remove button

If this solves your problem, please give me a 5-star rating!