Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My Lightroom 4 program will not start as it shuts down

Customer Question
Hi . My Lightroom...

Hi . My Lightroom 4 program will not start as it shuts down during start up. How can I re load it to see if that helps

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Lightroom?

Quite some time ago. Not in the last six months

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Problem did take place some weeks ago intermittently but seemed to come right

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Software
3/23/2018
Software technician: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 28 days ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Hi DustinHI Dustin S
HI Dustin S . I've already had a response along the lines that Mac IOS High Sierra is not guaranteed compatibility with LR 4 so crashes are to be expected. I was going to upgrade my LR version anyway and this has rather brought it forward. Thanks anyway.
Glen
Software technician: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 27 days ago

Upgrading is a possibility, but LR4can be made to run.

With that being said, if you decide to upgrade and run into any issues, let me know.

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Will do
Software technician: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 26 days ago

Allright, if you need further help let me know.

Dustin S

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist