Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Anyone know of a way to color code by zip code appointments…

anyone know of a way...
anyone know of a way to color code by zip code appointments made in google or outlook calenders? they will do events or tasks but thats all i found.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
r u still working on my question?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
please respond or should i resubmit the question
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
Alfredo Borgaro
Alfredo Borgaro, Enterprise Software Sales and Technical Consultant

HiCustomer, I'm Alfredo and I'll help you with your request.

Google Calendar

Google does not support automatic color coding out of the box, however it seems someone else had a very similar situation and created an extension that you might be able to use. How this extension works is that you need to have the Zip code on the subject of the appointment and it will assign the desired color.

Here is the download link for Google Chrome

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/selectable-calendar-color/ijnakmdnmiebbnjmcldnjnhnlbhfhcde

Outlook Calendar

Here is a little bit easier, and if you mix your google calendar with outlook you get the same result but only when viewing the calendar in outlook. Follow this steps (also found here), still the Zip code would need to be in the Subject field:

1. Go to the calendar tab
  2. Select "View settings"
  3. In the Advanced View Settings: Calendar dialog, click Conditional Formatting button.
  4. In the following dialog, please click Add button to create a new rule. Type a name for the rule in the Name field. Choose a color for the rule in the Color drop-down list (here I choose the purple color). Then click Condition button.
  5. In the Filter dialog, please type the zip code(s) that you want to search for categorizing in the Search for the word(s) field. Then select subject field only from the In: drop-down list and click OK.
  6. Click OK as needed to close the dialogs.

7. Done! Your old appointments which contain the word “training” are categorized with purple at once.

I hope this information is helpful for you and that it fixes your problem. Of course, you can always ask me anything else if needed or if you need further assistance I invite you to request a Premium Service for us to create a remote session and walk you through the solution.

If you are now satisfied with the answer and liked my assistance please 5-star rate my service in order for me to close the request. Great meeting you!

- Alfredo

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How can I print this out?

please allow me to do it for you, I'll attach a PDF with a conversation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m a chimney sweep I’m thinking of becoming an expert on here how do you like being an expert?

Ready Chris, here are your files, both in Word and PDF.

If this solves your issue, please remember to rate my answer to be able to close the request.

Thanks again!

I do like it very much! flexible hours and lots of people to meet! You can surely do this for a living!

Alfredo Borgaro
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ll get back to you for follow up later I’ll rate you at 5stars
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now
Alfredo Borgaro
Alfredo Borgaro