Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I use Quickbooks Pro 2016 Network edition. I have a 3 user…

Customer Question
I use Quickbooks Pro 2016...
I use Quickbooks Pro 2016 Network edition. I have a 3 user license. I have the database on my server and 1 workstation installed on the server hosting multi-user I do not access Quickbooks from there it only hosts multi-user, I have 3 other computers that access the database. If I am in single user mode (importing iif files) and switch to multi-user mode I get error code H202. If I go to the server and run Quickbooks database manager then go back to the workstation that I want to go from single user to multi-user, I am able to go into multi-user with no errors. Please help!!!
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Software
I've had Intuit work on this and they just never get it fixed
3/22/2018
Software technician: Michael Rademacher, Network Administrator replied 3 months ago
Michael Rademacher
Michael Rademacher, Network Administrator
Hi, my name is***** never used your software but many other server/client software applications. I researched your problem and it seems that there is a solution provided on the Quickbooks support page. You can find the article by clicking here.Please let me know if this applies to your situation. Thank You Michael
Did not get a link in your response

https://community.intuit.com/articles/1502150-error-h101-h202-h303-or-h505-when-opening-your-company-file

Been there done that. Is there a QB expert that you can refer this question to please.

TEST: Can't message, receiving error

I am sorry. I am not aware of any QB experts. If this is the latest information posted on their support website you are pretty much stuck with it. If I understand correctly is it working just very inconvenient.

Unless:

In my experience with these kind of applications it is possibly a timeout issue in initiating connectivity between client and server. This can be related to name resolution, file share permissions, file locks.

Some things to try:

Are server and client(s) on the same local network?

1. Could you run a continuous ping between server and client in the background

(run ping -t <server ip> from dos prompt on client

(run ping -t <client ip> from dos prompt on server

2. Could you connect to the database server share from the client Windows explorer and keep it open.

3. Temporarily disable firewall and try again.

4. Keep the Database manager open (if possible) at all times

5. Check the event viewer on the server (eventvwr.exe) in the application section for any events related to QB.

not in a domain in a workgroups
Will do I cannot do it at the moment I own an auto repair shop and need to look at some cars first

Understood. No problem. I monitor my question feed frequently anyways.