Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I am trying to set up my website - on Domains.google.com. I…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to set up my website -http://thethorns.news on Domains.google.com.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I have managed to get my FTP program to recognise the google site but I can;t get it to transfer files across.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Can you help

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am trying to set up my website -http://thethorns.news

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Software
3/21/2018
Software technician: Michael Rademacher, Network Administrator replied 1 month ago
Michael Rademacher
Michael Rademacher, Network Administrator

I am looking forward to assisting you.

May I ask for some more information:

What ftp program are you using?

What is the error message?

Did you set it to passive mode?

Thank You

Michael

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
The FTP program is Ipswich.
Unimplemented failure
How do you set it to passive?
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
The address it is connected to is:-
http://thethorns.news
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
The site is not in passive mode as it is connected HTTP and not FTP
Software technician: Michael Rademacher, Network Administrator replied 30 days ago

What is your objective? I was assuming that you develop your site local and then upload files to the hosting site by using an ftp client.

If not, could you explain what you are trying to accomplish?

Thank You

Michael

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
That is correct I have created my site and now wish to upload it.
Software technician: Michael Rademacher, Network Administrator replied 29 days ago

Thanks for the info.

Please check

1) Open WSFTP Pro.

2) Create your FTP site in the Site Manager

3) Edit the FTP site from the Site Manager and click on the Advanced link on the left. Check "Use Passive mode for data connections"

4) If it is already checked, please uncheck and try again.

Could you send me a screenshot form your settings?

Also: Did it return an error number?

Thank You

Michael

So you purchased a domain with domains.google.com, which establishes the name registration, and your ownership over this name. Who is hosting your site? Chioces are lilsted here:

https://support.google.com/domains/troubleshooter/6010937?hl=en&_ga=2.134876657.106389063.1521655021-1189609977.1521655021

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Google.com

I contacted Google domains support. They only provide the registration. For content, website hosting you need to contact cloud.google.com.

Please go to https://cloud.google.com/ for details.

Software technician: Michael Rademacher, Network Administrator replied 28 days ago

I am just following up to see what the status is for your issue.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank You and have a phantastic day!

Michael

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I have given up. It is far too complicated for an 87 year old.
My other websites were a piece of cake to set up.
Am not willing to poor more money into it
Software technician: Michael Rademacher, Network Administrator replied 27 days ago

I understand, It can be confusing and complex.

Your best bet is using Godaddy. You would have everything with one company. They have a free web builder tool, upload , and you can get a domain as well. Maybe you want to give them a call and have them transfer your domain to their serevrs. They are very helpful: 1(###) ###-####/p>

Best of luck

Michael

Michael Rademacher
Michael Rademacher