Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Using Taxslayer. Spent hour with their tech with no luck.

Customer Question
Using Taxslayer. Spent...

Using Taxslayer. Spent hour with their tech with no luck. Get to page to input pension info and it does not fully load because chrome goes to aw snap. When Taxslayer looks at my form, they see Safari and not Chrome. Safari is a problem. I am using an iPad.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Safari?

I never use it. Plus Taxslayer says it is problematic in uploading their forms.

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

Chrome updated. How do I update OS? There is no indication it needs updating.

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that I am beyond frustrated!!!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
3/19/2018
Software technician: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. From Chrome File menu, select New Incognito window. You will get open a chrome window with plugins disabled. Use the Incognito window to access Taxslayer and let me know the result.
I have done all those recommendations with same result...aw snap
Clear your cache and cookies
At the top right, click More and then More tools and then Clear browsing data.
At the top, select beginning of time.
Select Cached images and files and Cookies and other site data. Deselect the other types of data.
Click Clear browsing data.
Try reloading the Taxslayer site.If it not helps, try the following:
Open Chrome.
At the top right, click More and then Settings.
At the bottom, click Advanced.
Under "Reset," click Reset.
Confirm by clicking Reset.
Restart Mac
Open Taxslayer and check the result.
Could not reset Chrome. I was able to do taxes on phone. I no longer need your assistance.