Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have this same problem. I removed all the Big Fish files…

Customer Question
I have this same problem...
I have this same problem. I removed all the Big Fish files from Finder but it will not reload them.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
3/19/2018
Software technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 3 months ago
Richard, Software Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What exactly happens now when you try to access it?

Please let me know

Thank you

When I try to open the download a green square appears briefly in the dock. Then I have the pop up warning asking me if I want to open the application from the internet. When I click open it appears on my dock and then immediately disappears. I get the message that the app “has quit unexpectedly”.

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

I did that. It didn’t change anything. I also changed the permission to “App Store or Other Identified Developers”. I did notice that some of the games will play through launchpad but the Big Fish Game Manager or most of my previous games.
not

Shut down your Mac.

Find Command (⌘), Option, P, and R on your keyboard.

Turn on your Mac.

Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.

Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.

Release the keys.

Then tell me if it then opens please

Okay, thanks. I did that. Nothing changed.

ok, now remove it from the computer and restart

Then install the app and tell me if it now works please

Nothing has changed. When I open the download it asks me if I want to open it. The app bounces twice on the dock and then disappears. Then I get the message that it quit unexpectedly. I don't have a problem with this on my PC laptop so I am wondering if it's High Sierra OS that will no longer recognize the developer?