Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have been trying to install windows 10 update and security…

Customer Question
Hi I have been...

Hi I have been trying to install windows 10 update and security update on three of my business computers but no matter how many times I try it comes up with failed install on all three machines the last error code was, sorry cannot find where I wrote it.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

We already run windows 10 and this was an upgrade as i had a message saying of of April the version we have will no longer be supported. this is for pcs

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your software?

Our computer are all working. the just wont accept the upgrade install. they go through the whole process and then at the end you get a message saying install failed.

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or version of Windows?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
3/19/2018
Software technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. What is the version of Windows running on the computer right now? Is with Windows Vista or 7?
  2. Or are you saying that Windows 10 is already installed (upgrade) but updates are not installed?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

We are already running Windows 10 and have been for some years. An upgrade came through but wont install
The windows update is Windows 10 Version 1709. error code is 0x80070057
I am pretty computer savvy so really just want to know if you can advise a fix?

Thank you for writing back with that information. That is the "Fall Creators Update" of Windows 10. Please do this on one of the computers:

1. Restart the computer and login as Administrator.
  2. Right click on the Start menu (Windows logo) then click on Command Prompt (Admin)
  3. In the command prompt, type: sfc /scannow
  4. Allow the scan to complete. If there are errors found, restart the computer and then try installing the update. If there are no errors found, please let me know
Thanks will give it a try.

You're welcome. I am standing by.