Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I'm trying to help my friend who is 85 to recover his old…

Customer Question
Hello, I'm trying to...

Hello, I'm trying to help my friend who is 85 to recover his old Skype account

Technician's Assistant: Is your Skype file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

He has a new Skype account but he wants to access to retrieve contacts

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm not sure, sorry He has lost his Microsoft password ***** Microsoft has his old phone number...

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Software
3/17/2018
Software technician: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Your friend, when he normally accesses his old skype account, how does he normally do so?

Was he using a windows pc, or a macbook or mac, or an ipad or iphone, etc?

Please be specific..

And also, does he know the exact skype username / login that he was previously using?

I'll be waiting for your reply, thank you.

Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He's using a Windows pc, his old login: Harry C. Simmons, but not 100% sure. I see that in his profile on my Skype contacts. He tried too many times to access Skype and because he used the wrong password ***** was locked out. He now has a new Skype account but needs to go to the old because he doesn't remember all the contacts that he wants to to add to the news Skype acct

Allright, I understand. But I still need to be able to access his PC, if I am to have any chance of helping regain access to his old account.

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would that be extra charge?

yes, if im successful there would be a 39$ extra charge..

Let me know if and when you want to proceed.

D.S

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to go to his home, most likely Tuesday, around 6pm if that's okay, thank you!
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist