Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I purchased Malwarebytes anti-malware Premium (3PCs 1year)

Customer Question
Good morning,, I purchased...

Good morning,, I purchased Malwarebytes anti-malware Premium (3PCs 1year) the middle of Feb. 2018. I was able to load the software onto my computer, partially on to my wife's desktop, and not at all onto her laptop. On my wife's desktop Exploit Protection won't turn on. On the Laptop Exploit Protection won't turn on and a message pops up saying the Ransomware Protection is unavailable. We had similar problems last year. Any help that you can provide me would appreciated. Art

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Anti-Malware?

Well, it is working on my destop right now.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Software Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

My email address is***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I am not sure I am smart enough to ask. This software is really hard to load. This is the second year that I had to request assistance. The software should be easier to load and operate for people like me who have not background. Sorry I'm just venting.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
3/16/2018
Software technician: Kamil Anwar, Software Specialist replied 4 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Software Specialist

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

Anti-Ransomware technology is only enabled on Windows 7 and higher. New features and technology such as this will only be supported going forward to the best of our ability. XP, and even Vista, just have too many technical limitations to make it feasible in all cases.

my wife's desktop is windows 10 and her laptop is vista. I am really unhappy with this. I just purchased the software and now you are expecting me to pay for asking for your assistance to load it. Please tell me how this fair.

No, this site is called JustAnswer.

You purchased it from Malwarebytes.

I am a tech and you asked a question which i answered.

The ransomware protection wont work on Vista (no matter what we do).

It worked last year on all three computers. Your tech told me what to do and I did. Now you want to get into my computer(s) and I have no clue who you are.

No i do not want to get into your computer.

The remote service is an optional ad, just ignore it.

The ransomware protection cannot work on XP and Vista due to limitations by XP and Vista now as the MB upgraded.

OK. I do not want your help. I want some one from Malwarebytes to assist me. Please cancel the $5.00 hold fee. I think this is a scam.

You can close this page, and request a refund by mailing***@******.***

You can go to www.malwarebytes.org to get in touch with them.