Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have a Surface Pro, and have a problem with "Bitlocker".

Customer Question
I have a Surface...

I have a Surface Pro, and have a problem with "Bitlocker". It asks for the key to unlock bitlocker, have entered that, get a message that it is correct. Goes through a restart, when I get the screen to log into my computer get "Something went wrong (code:OX8007032). Restart your device to see if that fixed. Have gone through that at least 5 time and just keeps going in circle with having to enter bitlocker key, log in and get the same message. Very frustrating. Laurie

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Surface Pro

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Surface Pro? What have you tried so far?

Started last Saturday, as I said in the first message, When I try to use my Surface, the first message is you need the key to unlock bitlocker, do that and get message the key is correct, it goes through and the screen appears to enter my code to enter and get message something went worng (code: OX8007032). Restart your device to see fi that fixed the problem. It does nothing but keeps taking me back to bitlocker and getting the same message with code: OS8007032

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just want to be able to use my computer

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
3/16/2018
Software technician: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

try the following, and this should solve the issue.

1. Boot your Surface device to UEFI by using one of the methods defined in Using Surface UEFI on Surface Laptop, new Surface Pro, Surface Studio, Surface Book, and Surface Pro 4.
  2. Select the Security section.
  3. Click Change Configuration under "Secure Boot."
  4. Select Microsoft Only and click OK.
  5. Select Exit, and then Restart to reboot the device.

If you have any further questions let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.