Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Started last Thursday working on problem but still not able…

Customer Question
Started last Thursday working on...
Started last Thursday working on problem but still not able to update apps or make purchases. Please help me correct this problem. Thanks
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
3/16/2018
Software technician: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Please provide more detail regarding the issue so I can better assist you.

On my IPad, I can not update or add apps. I can not make a purchase within a current apps. I have changed my password ***** still not working.

Ok thanks.

Reloading services on the iPad through a soft reset may resolve the issue. To do that do the following:

Press and hold the Power button until the "slide to power off" appears and then release the power button.

Slide the Power switch right and wait a moment for power off.

Once powered off, press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears then release.

Let it power up then test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result.

Powering off did not work.

Ok thanks.

Next I recommend that you rule out network device issues because even though other devices may connect, your network router/modem could be the cause of the problem if there are memory errors in the router/modem that in turn block the protocols used by the iPad for updates. To rule out the network power down the router/modem that provides your wireless and Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes for the memory to drain. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Restart your iPad and after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.